14 unique Father’s Day events for dads to enjoy
- Food Extravaganza: early morning breakfasts, brunch or evening meal offers with a customised dads menu (such as gourmet BLTs or “desserts for dad”) will make the day extra special. A drinks promotion aimed at the dads will also be popular.
- Craft Beer Festival: a highlight in the social calendar. There is no better excuse than on Father’s Day. A chance for all the family to enjoy and sample local breweries’ craft beers and ciders. A beer festival will attract a lot of attention amongst the local community.
- Afternoon Grill/BBQ: Get the outdoor grill and flames going and create a special menu full of meat, salad and vegetables.
- Music Magic: Invite a local band for evening entertainment, either rock, blues, jazz or classical. Another option is a DJ with father themed playlist picks: from each decade. Another popular music themed event is a dads-only karaoke. Even the shyest of dads will belt out a classic favourite by the end of the evening!
- Sports Competitions: What Father’s Day could go ahead without a sports themed event? Whether it is golf tournament, cricket, football or rugby match, or even fun run - bring out the competitive streak in all dads that is complete with that victory trophy.
- Games Event: Organise a family-friendly games tournament from pub games to outdoor activities.
- Father’s Day Quiz: Host a trivia tournament. With the right trivia aimed at Dads, from sports to music, the event will surely be a success.
- Whiskey Evenings: Whiskey tasting events are always popular. Encourage distributors to promote their latest supplier cognacs and have free promotional tastings for the Dads.
- Afternoon with the Kids: Make Father’s Day promotions a family affair. Host a kid-friendly event with some games for them both to enjoy.
- Father’s Day Picnic: Hand craft a picnic basket loaded with local produce and offer the dads a free glass of bubbly.
- Contests: You canpromote Father’s Day around a contest. Eating contests are always popular for dads, from hot dogs and burgers to spicy chicken wings. Whatever the theme, it will be a great bragging contest amongst the dads and a social media triumph.
- Dad themed Raffle or Auction: All prizes will be themed for Dads, from male toiletries and hampers to golf lessons and signed memorabilia.
- Retro Fair: transport your dad back to the punk rock era, biker leathers or the hippy movement, a retro fair is a perfect way to allow dads to go back to the “good old days”, with stalls, food, games, gifts and merchandise for the whole family to enjoy.
- Classic Car or Bike Show:These events always bring in lots of attention with spectators and will be a memorable day. Invite local clubs to showcase their vehicles or offer rides for the dads.
Dad Deserves it Promotions…
Pop Up Shop: A pop-up Dad’s themed shop selling gifts will bring in good income on the day. Who said that men don’t like shopping?
Freebies and Giveaways for Dad: Either a mystery gift, a giveaway in a bag (branded merchandise) or a sealed envelope with a voucher or discount. These freebies can be a welcome surprise for dads.
Social Media Promotion: Ask your social media followers to nominate their father’s for a “Special Dad” or “Unique Talent” award and the reasons behind it. Honour the winner or winners with a gift card or grand prize.